Video security surveillance systems
XProtect - the software that drives IP video security systems
XProtect gives you a cost-efficient solution for migrating to IP video without the huge outlay required for a forklift upgrade. And our open platform architecture, together with our SDK and the broad selection of IP video security applications provided by our solution partners, makes it easy to video-enable your business.
This means you can extend your security surveillance system to run seamlessly with not just physical access control systems, but also mainstream business applications such as CRM and ERP.
Imagine, for example, being able to use a facial recognition add-on to give customers a personalized greeting when they enter your office. Or automate warehousing functions via video.
Five main drives are seen to be driving this projected growth:
• Mainstream 720p/1.3MP cameras reduce the cost advantage of analog cameras
• Mainstream hybrid DVRs remove the barriers of legacy deployments to migrate to IP
• New managed/hosted video services undermine analog's advantages in small deployments
• Emerging panoramic cameras further cut the cost advantage of analog cameras
• Maturing IP camera standards will cut costs and reduce complexity